Musings on The Muse by Julian Shah-Tayler

Welcome to the sporadic and not entirely well considered spewing forth from my pen. Love to you!

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Working on confusion.

I am so confused right now. I am supposed to be writing this amazing, witty tribute/comment on Imelda Marcos' shoes for my good friend Anthony Green, who deserves my help, and has promised that I will come with him to Manila to meet the lady herself. I am also supposed to be meeting with Scott to get started on finishing the Adamandevil record (whatever format that might take)
I am also working on an ongoing record with Cameron (Native Fauna) and her erstwhile boyfriend, Nick (who now plays with the ex members of Panic! at the Disco) for a dayjob.
My grandmother is now once again in hospital to be observed for bleeding.
I also have agreed to do the sound on my friend Andy's film. This is for money, and a film throughout which my music is peppered....
All I can seem to do is watch episodes of "Tom Goes To The Mayor" and "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia" - Hmmmm. Got to get into the swing of 2010.
Watched Lolita for the first time ever, and remembered why Peter Sellers is right up there with Peter Cook....
Also, I have decided to drink much less, ie one drink maximum a day. That will save money, health and happiness in theory.
The blog responses to the EP "Un Ange Passe" http://julianshah-tayler.bandcamp.com/album/un-ange-passe Cover for Un Ange Passe in memory of Christine Shroy. Photography of Christine by Natalie Clarke.
have been fantastic and I am very very happy with the encouraging reports that it has been receiving. It is now also available on iTunes etc. I thank everyone who has supported this, and those of my friends who have downloaded the EP for free/money. Also to Michelle, from the San Gabriel Valley Press who gave me my first proper print article/interview.
Anyhow. I am listening mostly to the Cocteau Twins.
I am going to try and keep this blog growing from now on. Film thoughts, book thoughts, life and music commentary, I guess. New Year sweeps clean.... Love. x x

No comments:

Post a Comment