Musings on The Muse by Julian Shah-Tayler

Welcome to the sporadic and not entirely well considered spewing forth from my pen. Love to you!

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Watched V for Vendetta last night again, and was very happy to say that it lived up to my very vague memories of enjoying it (having watched it in a time of shall we say "diminished resposibility" through the lost years) Nathan borrowed and never returned anything I lent him, actually. He still has some subconscious knowledge of where he hid it, I guess. Tiki is NOT a fan, as she made clear to me last night!
I recommend it wholeheartedly if you have not seen it. I believe that Natalie Portman does a great, and pretty realistic version of a little English girl, although I have to say most Brits are a little bigger than her!
The message is so poignant for everyone, and is certainly not beholden to the English only.

I subsequently watched "The Queen" with Helen Mirren, and I just have to say if I did not love my Grandmother so dearly, I would wish for Helen to be my surrogate... Fantastic film.....

x x

No comments:

Post a Comment