Musings on The Muse by Julian Shah-Tayler

Welcome to the sporadic and not entirely well considered spewing forth from my pen. Love to you!

Friday, January 15, 2010

I love it when.....

I find a tune that is worth listening to, and does something perfect and beautiful. Try Hot Chip's new one:
http://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/11653-take-it-in/
Avatar also was incredible against all my better judgements.

I have been working with Cameron on her masterwork: The Big I Am (Should that be in ALL capitals)
I have also agreed to be interviewed by E! network on my experiences working with Joaquin Phoenix, and consequently revisiting his songs that I played piano and percussion/sang on. Joaquin was not vocalising, but Antony Langdon from Spacehog was doing a fantastic job of that himself.
I think I am going to do a cover of the song "Cracked" so anyone who is interested might have the opportunity to hear Joaq's prodigious and most respectable songwriting talent.... alongside my best efforts of course!
The song, "Show me your soul" which I wrote for Antony Green's painting of Imelda Marcos' shoes is finished, and he is going to present her with it, and prepare a PR campaign for the whole project in the Phillippines asap alongside a worldwide press release! I will be publishing a limited edition "Greatest Hits" EP for Bandcamp so people can download and listen. Maybe I will put the Joaq cover on that..... two birds with one pebble...... Here are the lyrics for that song:


Show Me Your Soul - A song for Imelda

I've seen empires rise and fall out of the sky,
I've watched history unfold like the iron butterfly
I've danced through life with diamonds on my feet
Along the road that runs right to my destiny

If you wanna walk a mile in my shoes
Show me your soul
One of these days they'll walk all over you
Show me your soul

I am the morning star that brightens up the sky
I am the rose that plucks the thorns out of your side
I am the muse to blinks the angels to your eye
As the sorrow that we face defines our joy

If you wanna walk a mile in my shoes
Show me your soul
One of these days they'll walk all over you
Show me your soul

And your laughter fills with tears
And they're falling through the years
As the world keeps turning round

And there's no time left to cry
So your sorrow fills with joy
As the road keeps rolling on
 

Also, going with Scott to meet Danny Saber to discuss the terms of the publishing that we are looking at with Music Sales.

2 comments:

  1. Someone has to get Joaquin's songs out there Julian! Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best news I've heard in ages...I'm with Karen...go for it & Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete