Musings on The Muse by Julian Shah-Tayler

Welcome to the sporadic and not entirely well considered spewing forth from my pen. Love to you!

Monday, January 25, 2010

Joaquin statement.... followup to E! interview

Just to put a few more things straight. I was definitely misquoted/misunderstood on a few things in transition between interview and publication.
Firstly, It was Alan McGee - svengali and record company owner (Creation Records) who introduced Scott and I to Joaquin AND Antony.
The songs were written by Antony and Joaquin together, I now understand.
Antony was the very able singer of the project.
Joaquin's input was focused on lyrics/songwriting and producer/directing.
I am also definitely not claiming to be a bosom buddy of either Joaquin OR Antony, as I have had no contact with them since the sessions.
I played piano, percussion and sang on the record along with Scott Fairbrother (Adamandevil) who played bass/guitar and sang.
I stand by the praise that I rather liberally heaped upon the record, and hope for it one day to be released so as to silence the critics.

Julian Shah-Tayler

No comments:

Post a Comment