Musings on The Muse by Julian Shah-Tayler

Welcome to the sporadic and not entirely well considered spewing forth from my pen. Love to you!

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Breakthrough Band interview.

December 7th 2009

Your Music: Julian Shah-Taylor

JulianShahTaylor

http://www.impossiblethingsrecords.com/shah/



Julian Shah-Taylor, self-producing artist, speaks with Breakthrough Band about his music and offers an inside look at the path he is trekking.



Breakthrough Band: How would you describe your music?



Julian Shah-Taylor: I would describe it as varied and informed by all sorts of different influences. I love all sorts of music from Classical to Avant Garde electronica and everything in between, so I like to reference as much as I can to make something beautiful that is unclassifiable. I would like it to be sensual and thoughtful.




BB: How do you produce your music?



JST: I record everything in my bedroom on a laptop and use one SM58 to mic everything from vocals to dulcimer/toy piano. I mix in Protools and play everything live, except for Arp Synths, which kind of play themselves!





BB: As a new artist, what was the biggest challenge that you have had to overcome?



JST: Distancing myself from what is expected of me from my previous bands. Also, getting trapped into a particular bracket. It is also impossible to find dedicated musicians who can put the time in that I would like.




BB: What is your favorite social networking or media web site and why?



JST: Facebook, because it is a lot more personal than the others.




BB: What advice do you have for others who are looking to start a band or market their music?



JST: Define your audience, target them, and mean it. Never do it for the wrong reasons…it is obvious and that comes through in the music.





Check out Julian’s Music Here:

www.impossiblethingsrecords.com/shah

www.myspace.com/juliandrinkme

www.facebook.com/jshahtayler

www.twitter.com/julianshah

http://julianshah-tayler.bandcamp.com/album/un-ange-passe

http://www.breakthroughband.com/Series/YourMusic/YourMusic_JulianShahTaylor.html

No comments:

Post a Comment