Musings on The Muse by Julian Shah-Tayler

Welcome to the sporadic and not entirely well considered spewing forth from my pen. Love to you!

Friday, May 27, 2011

Keds interview



KEDS interview - "Meet LA Based Musician Julian Shah-Tayler"
by Julian Shah-Tayler on Monday, 04 April 2011 at 12:03

posted under Art, Keds, Los Angeles, Road Trip on March 29th, 2011



With our UCLA event just two days away, let’s take a look at another all-star musician that will be gracing the “How Do You Do?” stage. Meet Julian Shah-Tayler of Tiger Blood, a London-gone-LA local who you can see at 12pm on UCLA’s Wilson Plaza between the Student Activities Center and Kaufman Hall.

How do you do inspiration?

My music is my diary of the events and thoughts of my life. I tend to write about people that inspire me, events that shock me, how I want to express my feelings to others without having to come out directly to their faces sometimes. It is a cathartic moment to encapsulate a particular feeling within a little musical box…

How do you do Los Angeles?

LA is very different to London, the people love life and the sun is (mostly) shining! It is always good to know people here, as the city is very spread out, but once you know the little secrets, such as great live music venues and wonderful modern architecture, you will grow to love it. People in shops and restaurants are very smiley, which is definitely not the case in Europe so much!

What is your favorite place in LA to see live music?

The Hollywood Bowl is the best place to see music in the world FULL STOP. A great sound system, history, location. Everything. One day we will be on that stage!

How did you and your band come together?

I was playing with an electronic lineup and I got fed up with the backing track thing, so when I bumped into Ryan and George who run a studio (Pure Rock in Whittier) it was a match made in heaven. They brought the ROCK back out of me. Chris has been playing with me on and off for years, so he was a natural to come and augment the lineup!



How did you get started in music?

My Grandmother was a music teacher and my mother was an opera singer, so they had me singing and playing the piano before I could talk. Rock music was a new thing to me when I left school after years of classical training. I just adore the lifestyle, touring and meeting new people, making people happy with the music. At least that is the plan!



http://hdyd.keds.com/2011/03/meet-la-based-musician-julian-shah-tayler/

No comments:

Post a Comment