Musings on The Muse by Julian Shah-Tayler

Welcome to the sporadic and not entirely well considered spewing forth from my pen. Love to you!

Friday, May 27, 2011

Amazon Reviews! Thanks people....



2 of 2 people found the following review helpful:
5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant on all levels!, May 26, 2011
By
Katie - See all my reviews
This review is from: Coito Ergo Sum (MP3 Download)
I listen to this album all the time- at work , at home, and in my car. I just LOVE it! From Profound lyrics, to beautiful vocals and spectacular musicianship, this one has it all. My favorite song is the piano driven Electricity, but I also really like the unique sound of Saltwater. This whole CD is so dynamic, and I really enjoy every song.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
Report abuse | Permalink
Comment Comment


2 of 2 people found the following review helpful:
5.0 out of 5 stars Don't Let the Title Intimidate You., October 13, 2010
By
Cathy (Altadena, US, Canada) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
This review is from: Coito Ergo Sum (MP3 Download)
Don't let the title of "Coito Ergo Sum" intimidate you. This is a worthwhile listen that can fit any mood; melancholy, romantic, thoughtful, sexy, inventive. If you are a die-hard fan of Bowie, Prince, or David Sylvian... you will adore this! I'm not(!) (well die-hard anyway), and the tracks grew on me with their ambitious complexities and surprises that kept me interested. I'm a sucker for heavy piano stuff and Electricity's melody is a real hummer; while "Roman Tower 982" is unpredictable and enigmatically lavish. Julian Shah-Tayler's voice is AWESOME, his songwriting- poignant. "Wetter"- everyone will get it, and not just those who know Latin.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
Report abuse | Permalink
Comment Comment


5.0 out of 5 stars Shockingly Talented, May 27, 2011
By
splhcb78 - See all my reviews
This review is from: Coito Ergo Sum (Audio CD)
Julian is a songwriter and musician whose ease with textured rich harmonies and thoughtfully clever and poetic lyrics leads to this: a criminally underground release that deserves the bright light of international recognition. As a DJ, my favorite track is 'Wetter' - a bouncy throwback to the best of 80's New Wave that delivers a hooky chorus that never fails on the dance floor, and that you'll be singing for days after! 'Electricity' is one of those songs you put on during a really great cry - delicate lilting melody, sensitive, soulful, emotionally connected, and just really well written. 'Revolution,' 'Beautiful World,' 'Show Me Your Soul,' and 'Northern Light' bring in a little muscle - power chords and stronger vocals that are thick enough to satisfy the alt-rock fan.

There is not a single dud in this collection - this album is the real deal. Come over over over for the Revolution!

No comments:

Post a Comment