Musings on The Muse by Julian Shah-Tayler

Welcome to the sporadic and not entirely well considered spewing forth from my pen. Love to you!

Friday, May 27, 2011

I made the Rebel Riffs end of 2010 list

OK, so I made the best of 2010 list with "Rebelriffs" :)
by Julian Shah-Tayler on Sunday, 16 January 2011 at 14:10

2010 Tracks Of The Year Overview



Last year I said 2009 was the busiest review year ever, but I've still managed to up the totals (and that doesn't include videos and other sideshows). I ended up listening and reviewing some 459 tracks over the last year, of which many were album and/or EP reviews. I didn't know busy, huh? Nonetheless, only 141 of those bad boys stuck around long enough on my playlist to become contenders today. This is slightly less even than last year, which just goes to show you how ruthless I have to be about this. Moreover, I suffered a REAL bad hardddrive problem early in the year so maybe the figures are a bit whack from previous years but hey, *** happens right?



TRACKS OF THE YEAR - THE KEEPERS

Exceptional Tracks by the Month (either Highly Recommended or Must Have)

Link Key: (RR) Rebel Riffs (MIX) Mixposure otherwise Soundclick or a site such as You Tube etc...check the original review.



November

-----------------------

Eddie Cohn - Stay With Me LP (RR)

Rustik - Smoke Rings

333maxwell - Where You'll Find You

Avalanche - Not My Style

Satellite 3 - Playing With Fire

Julian Shah-Tayler - Wetter (RR)

Ratchet - Compromise

Pidgeman - Beast Of Halloween

Zebrabook - Piercing

Sunburn in Cyprus - If It's Good For Me

Thomas J Marchant - Ego

Speak Words Speak - Out Of Love

Whitman Speck - I Love To Hate You

Inessa Lee - Living Doll tracks (RR)



http://rebelriffs.blogspot.com/2011/01/year-end-review-of-2010-stevies.html

No comments:

Post a Comment