Musings on The Muse by Julian Shah-Tayler

Welcome to the sporadic and not entirely well considered spewing forth from my pen. Love to you!

Sunday, July 18, 2010

back in Los Angeles

ok, so I just spent a whole month in the uk, refurbishing my appartment and visiting Paris and my ailing grandmother. I miss certain things about London, like the variable weather, the cultural diversity/acceptance. Los Angeles and I think the us in general approaches the best of Europe by distilling the acceptable and beautiful elements to the most apparent constituent parts. it then regurgitates these out of context to create amarna style islands of placidity amongst the cultural wastelands.... I have yet to observe a more American idiosyncratic style than Disney... the world as illusion

No comments:

Post a Comment