Musings on The Muse by Julian Shah-Tayler

Welcome to the sporadic and not entirely well considered spewing forth from my pen. Love to you!

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Leonard Cohen

I am dismayed to find and hear that Leonard is unwell, and is suffering from a compressed lower back injury.
I was stupid enough to miss his recent performances in Los Angeles and Coachella. I was, however blessed with the experience of rehearsing at SIR, and on visiting the restroom (lavatory to us Brits) standing next to a very elegant gentleman in the process of relieving himself. Thoughtlessly my eye was involuntarily drawn his way. I nearly dropped mine..... Leonard was human, after all.
I had to exchange niceties, as to leave without engaging the living god would have been inconceivable.
I did not have time to divulge that I had been a fan for many many years (prior to my knowledge of Jeff, actually) and had finished a recording of his most heart breaking moment: Joan Of Arc with my friends Sofizel and Victoria Butterfly. Anyhow, I have sent the version to Cover me, who recently posted my covers of Darling Nikki and Cracked by Joaquin Phoenix. Hopefully you can hear it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment